... a collection of notes about my family history - for a book one day (?) The order is not particularly logical, they are created as and when I think about something; hopefully the labels will facilitate searching. The blog is not about absolute accuracy and validation, but it is not fiction - however I might speculate now and again.

Sunday 24 June 2007

Tyn Cott Memorial - Frederick Hall 30733






When I tell a friend about a distant relative who died at Passchendaele in 1918, and they tell me that they are visiting the cemetry and memorial in a couple of weeks time, and they come back with a load of photographs and they have a photograph of the memorial with the name of your relative out of the many many thousands that are there - well it gives you goosebumps.
I got the same goosebumps when I visited Brassington and it was his memorial gravestone that I first saw. At that time, I didn't know that we were related. We seem to be drawn together.








I am greatly indebted to Diane and her husband Brian who took these pictures for me (last September, but I had misplaced the disk of photos until today). Thanks.






























No comments: