... a collection of notes about my family history - for a book one day (?) The order is not particularly logical, they are created as and when I think about something; hopefully the labels will facilitate searching. The blog is not about absolute accuracy and validation, but it is not fiction - however I might speculate now and again.

Monday 16 July 2007

Irish Links

I do not have any Irish links of which I am aware. However, both my wife's parents are of Irish descent; so my son has a bit of the Irish in him. My mother-in-law was named Flynn, Annie on her birth certificate although she hated that name and was always known as Nancy. Her mother (Anne Nicholson) and father (Thomas Flynn) were from Dublin. My father-in-law was Thomas McKee, born in Manchester but from Irish stock - not sure when they moved to England, but I believe they were fromthe Kilkenny region of Ireland.

No comments: